Friday, May 1, 2015

Day 104: Home For a Few Days!

Today I finally got to go home for a few days! Once I found out that I got my extension, pretty much the first time my family did was book a flight home for me for a few days so that I could see them! Considering I would be working in Florida through the summer, I definitely needed to see them for a few days before things got really crazy.

Rebecca drove me to the airport pretty early, around 7 our time. My flight was due to take off at 9am, so I would have time to get through security and get to my terminal without cutting it close. My flight was close to 3 hours long, and my dad was supposed to come pick me up. I called him when we were taxi-ing to the terminal so he would be able to get me. As I was walking through the airport, I called him again to let him know where I was, and he said he would see me in a few minutes when I was outside. I turned the corner, and he was waiting for me inside the airport! It was awesome to see my daddy again after months of being away.

We went home and stopped at Culver's on the way. Yum yum, it really does taste like home. I saw my doggies and their wagging tails before I even stepped foot in my house. I hung out with them for the night, and watched Interstellar with my parents before falling right asleep in my bed. My amazingly comfortable bed.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment