Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 128: Second Day of Thunder Training

Today I trained from 6:45am-3:30pm for my second day of training. We opened the queue by resetting the ropes, checking fire extinguishers, doors, gates, etc. After that was done, we went to Walkdown again.

We took our first break in the air conditioning, and then headed to the training room to read some more from the operating guide. We also learned some more positions today, like dispatch. To me, dispatch is very similar to the Unload position, except you keep your eyes on the train on the way in, instead of the way out, which is what you do at Unload. We also got to help with wheelchair assist. Basically, when we run full capacity for trains, the trains alternate stations, so if the wheelchair can only load from our first station, it will return in the other station.

So we helped with running the wheelchairs back and forth between the stations, in time for the guests return. We would have helped with the Disability Access Service cards, Fastpass+, etc. (the normal duties of the position) but we were so backed up, it was ridiculous. After work, I went to the gym, biked and whatnot. I came back to the apartment, watched The Ringer and Back to the Future Part II. I went to bed early, because I have another early day tomorrow of training.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment