Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 132: Resort Hopping to the Max!

Today I resort hopped with my new roommate Kaitlyn! She's the one I share a bunk bed with, and she works at Space Mountain. We both agree that we need to take a picture together with someone who works at Splash to have all 3 mountains represented.

I had a few resorts left that I hadn't visited since I've been on the College Program, and by a few, I mean 10. So we decided to go to them all today! I also brought my pins and pin-traded a little bit. I didn't really like pin trading when I worked in merchandise, but I was just taking it easy today, and thought it would be fun to do as a guest. It was quite the adventure. We started with the All Stars (Music, Movies, and Sports), and met up with Buzz and Woody, two of my favorites!

After that, we headed to Coronado Springs, because it was pretty close by. We were near Cast Connections and Kaitlyn had never been before, so we decided to go there and walk around. I ended up getting a Disney coloring book. Then we moved on to Pop Century. It started raining really hard, so we waited in the car for about 10 minutes until it slowed down enough that we could walk in.

I stayed at Pop Century when I was a kid, but it was still cool to go back and see it. The layout is exactly the same as Art of Animation, so I found my way around really easily. Once we were done there, we went to the Swan and Dolphin resorts. They made us print a parking pass, and we had exactly 30 minutes or less before they charged us, so we really felt the crunch. We literally were in the resorts long enough to take a picture of the fountain, and check out the shop at the Dolphin. Then we were on our way.

We swung through Caribbean Beach, but did so really quickly. It's a beautiful resort, but it was really hot outside, so I didn't spend too much time there. After that, we headed for Fort Wilderness. Kaitlyn and I had never, ever been to Fort Wilderness, so we tried driving through it, but quickly found out that pargos are the only thing that can go all the way through to the restaurants/shops. So we doubled back, parked in the parking lot, and took the bus that continuously looped around the camp grounds.

Once we were done there, we headed to the Wilderness Lodge. It was beautiful, probably my favorite of the day. We ate dinner here too, because we had been at this all day. The food was just the standard quick service meal, but it was still nice! It was definitely a long day, but fun. If we hadn't gone out, I would probably have spent the day at Panera watching Netflix.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Star Wars Weekend, finally!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment