Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 120: Magic Kingdom, Here I Come!

Today I officially begin my time as a Magic Kingdom Cast Member. I had Once Upon A Time... Is Now this morning, from 7:30am-4:00pm, which is the park orientation for Magic Kingdom. We did an early morning tour of the park mainly before the park opened. We got to ride Haunted Mansion as part of the tour, which was so cool!

About halfway through, we watched a training video and got split up by land. Our facilitator picked us up and took all the Frontierland Cast Members and we went to costuming right off the bat. We had lunch in the Mouseketeria. It was really weird- all the character performers were eating at a table together, in half-costume. I had heard the stories that it was kind of like Mean Girls with the 'popular' table, but I didn't think it would actually happen. It feels very high school to me.

After lunch, we did an area walk-through of Frontierland. Our group was a mix of Splash and Thunder CPs. We rode Splash Mountain (I got to see CJ when we got off the ride), Thunder Mountain, and saw the Festival of Fantasy parade. Right before we clocked out for the day, we saw the Country Bear Jamboree. I also got my new, updated training schedule today, which goes for the next two weeks.

Tomorrow, I have more Disney University training.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment