Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 105: The Happiest Place on Earth

You literally cannot keep me away from the sport that I love most. That would be baseball. All last summer, I interned with a minor league team and I will be home with my family for about 4 days, with one of them being spent at Wrigley Field, the happiest place on earth.

My sister was supposed to drive home from school to meet us at the game, but something came up last minute and she couldn't make it down. One less person, we were still ready to head out around 10. My mom, who works night shifts, hadn't been getting a lot of sleep so she decided against going as well. Once a group of four, now down to 2, my dad and I headed towards the North Side to cheer on the Cubbies. We headed to a bar near Wrigley that's called the Houndstooth, and it's themed to my school, the University of Alabama. We watched some college baseball there, before heading to our seats.

Unfortunately, we lost but the team is still doing better than they have in the last 5 years so I can't complain. We got home kind of late, but in time to watch the Bulls in their playoff game. It was a fun day full of sports, and tomorrow will be more of the same!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment