Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 112: Trying to Help Make the Magic

Today I worked 3pm-11:30pm. I was at the jewelry counter for most of my shift. Today was the day before Mother's Day, so we were pretty busy, especially at the jewelry counter. I was scheduled to break out Sydnee who was doing gift wrap for Mother's Day so I had to do that too. She gave me a brief crash course on how to properly wrap a box, and I actually started to pick up on it quickly.

It got kind of busy while I was trying to cover for Sydnee and when it came time for her second break, she was staying behind to help finish up a box while I started on a new one, so we were both at the table. A kid came up to us looking distressed and was looking under the tablecloth and near our table for something. I asked him if I could help with anything, and he said that we had wrapped a box for his mom, but when they got back to their hotel room, there was a bracelet missing. I ran to my manager and asked if I could do a guest recovery, and she said it was ok. So I walked with the child to our charm bracelet station and we started making a new bracelet together. Another coworker of mine, Ana, came over and asked if he had lost something. She pulled out the bracelet from behind her back and he was so happy! It turns out he forgot it at the register. So we rewrapped it for him, and he was off, good as new.

After closing, I came home and got my new work schedule, which had my first week of training on it. I'll be extending to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! Woo hoo! I'm so excited to be a Thundercat, even though training looks like a lot of early morning shifts!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment