Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 122: Frontierland, Here I Come!

Today, I had "For Our Guests" from 7:30am-4pm. We had a big group, and I know this because everyone was commenting on how many people we had. There were 2 facilitators, one from Thunder, and one from Splash. We had a total of 9 trainees, 3 from Thunder, 6 from Splash. We walked through Frontierland a lot, mainly familiarizing ourselves with our land and what's in it. We started with a river ride on the rafts near Tom Sawyer Island. We walked through the whole Island, exploring all the tunnels and stairways. There's a training room on the Island, so we sat through a PowerPoint about Disability Access Services, Fastpass+, and a few other smaller things.

Throughout the day, we walked through the backstage areas of Frontierland, because these are the break rooms and the doors that we will have to use a lot. We rode Splash Mountain twice because it was really hot, rode Thunder once, and saw the Country Bears again. I actually saw CJ outside Country Bears while he was visiting Magic Kingdom with his family. We saw Festival of Fantasy one more time, but we were also responsible for keeping guests moving in the walkways, and not stopping to watch the parade or take pictures.

My boots that are part of my costume are really heavy, so it was super nice to get to take them off. My family flew in today, and they took the Magical Express to the Art of Animation, where they're staying. I drove to meet them at Hollywood Studios after my shift, where we played for a few hours. We got some good fastpasses, and got to ride Toy Story, Rock n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror twice because the wait was non-existent. We had dinner on Sunset, and listened to Mulch, Sweat, and Shears on the way out of the park. I work tomorrow morning, so I'm staying at my apartment, but soon I'll get to sleep at the resort!

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment