Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Day 109: Graduation Time!

Today we all graduated from the Disney College Program! Even though I will be here through the summer, my original program was scheduled to end in May, so I could attend the Service Celebration in May, and again in July for my extension.

The Celebration was held at Chatham Field, where the Housing events were held. We approached the field, and received our graduation ears! They are so cute, just plain black ears but with a  gold tassel on them! Then we went to get our Certificate of Completion. After that, we got in line to meet Minnie and Mickey in their graduation attire. We grabbed some food and sat down at one of the tables.

All of a sudden, I see a hat bobbing through the crowd with the Alabama 'A' on it. On instinct, I look at Becca, and we both know who it is. It's Kent Phillips! We met him at the beginning of our program, because he was instrumental in creating the College Program, and is a Bama alumnus! So we got a picture with him, and caught up for a minute.

I had to go to work at 3pm, so we headed back to the apartment so I could get ready for work. I was floorstocker today, but we had a huge staff. No one called in and we had so many people on the schedule. I asked if I could get an ER, considering most of my roommates would be leaving me soon, and I wanted to see them as much as possible. They asked me what time, and when I said 'any time is fine', my coordinator pushed for me to give her a time. I randomly said 7pm, so that's how I got an ER for 5 hours before my shift was supposed to end. My roommates wanted to go see a movie, so we decided on the new Avengers movie!

I went with Becca and Alayna to the AMC at Downtown Disney. The movie was really good, except I would randomly smell this super sweet smell drifting towards me. During the credits, I could see a puff of smoke coming from the row in front of me. Becca saw it too, and wanted to report the guy in front of us for smoking indoors.

She ran to get security while I followed the guy. Basically, she came back and told me that they said there's nothing they can do if someone is vapeing in the theater unless they see it happening themselves. They gave us free movie passes for our inconvenience, and since Alayna doesn't have an AMC near her, I received her ticket. Yay for free movie passes!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment