Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 124: My First Comedy Show!

Today I had my first strollers shift from 11am-5pm. Today was also the 24 Hour Day at Magic Kingdom. Because we were open for an entire day, there were 2 day parades and 2 night parades. My shift crossed over both day parades, so those of us on strollers also did PAC (Parade Audience Control) during the shift.

We got there at 11, and set up for the first Festival of Fantasy parade at noon. We were on the River Walk, directing traffic into Frontierland, and guiding guests to the other lands. Once the parade started and people couldn't cross over the parade route, more and more people came down towards Thunder and Splash. After the parade, we took down the stanchions, and took a break then went to do strollers.

I was doing strollers at Country Bear Jamboree. It was kind of nice, because I was in the middle of the action. I got a lot of questions from guests, took some pictures for them, it was pretty cool. Then we basically repeated what we did before, we set up and tore down for the parade, but this time I was out in the direct sun guiding traffic. Luckily it wasn't that long.

After my shift ended at 5, I headed to the Art of Animation resort. My family and I wanted to go see a comedy show so we looked on Yelp! and found one that kind of interested us. It was in downtown near Universal, and it was really funny! It was kind of like Whose Line is it Anyway, just a bunch of improv games with a lot of audience participation. Definitely gonna go back!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment