Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 118: Last Shift at the Contemporary

Today, I worked my last shift at Contemporary. My shift was from 6:30am-3:00pm. I picked up Lorraine from Patterson bright (actually not bright, because it was still dark, but it's an expression, ok?) and early because we both had the same shift, and drove to work super early. I was on floorstock, while Lorraine floorstocked until we opened, then switched to registers.

I did my final leader meeting today with my manager Keith. He basically told me that the final evaluation just said that I successfully completed the duties of my role, but he thought that I did a really good job, and some other cast members had good things to say about me during my program so that was really nice to hear.

After the meeting, I went back on the floor. A guest approached me and told me that they were concerned about another guest they witnessed overflowing toilets downstairs and had followed him up to the fourth floor past the shops. They thought he might be missing his guardian, so they wanted someone to watch him. He was on the Skyview Bridge towards Bay Lake Tower, so I tried following him. I approached him and asked his name, if he needed any assistance. He didn't want to talk to me, and repeated that he was just going back to his room. He kept looking over his shoulder, so I couldn't really keep a close eye on him, We alerted the Bay Lake staff just in case anything happened, but it was a little bizarre.

Later, at the jewelry counter, we kept getting phone calls, but no one was on the other end. It was definitely a weird last day! Since Lorraine and I got off at the same time, we went out to Property Control, but there wasn't anything good. I came home and loaded up my car with a few boxes just to make it easier, for when I move tomorrow.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment