Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 100: I Got 2 Super Cool Things Today!

So, today is the 100th day of my College Program. Where has time gone?

Today I was on registers in Fantasia. We had a lot of people in there, maybe 4 total when we normally have 2-3. I was straightening the plush wall because there was nothing really to do with that many people. One of the stockers had just started her shift and was looking around to see what needed to be done. There was a lot, because the other stocker had not been stocking, rather she was ringing up guests on the register. The stores did not look good enough for her to be doing this though.

The stocker who had just arrived was getting annoyed, and our manager happened to be walking by. The stocker expressed her frustration to the manager, and walked away angry. I offered to help her out at least getting started, so I jumped on it. I ran downstairs and powered through so much stock. She loaded up the carts and I put them on the floor. Meanwhile the other stocker is nowhere to be found. I pushed maybe 8 carts worth of stock back on to the floor by the time the other stocker wised up and started stocking.

I kept at it until the floor was looking good again and felt like I could leave them. I still helped throughout the rest of the night because I knew tensions were a bit high, but while I was stocking our main shop, one of the girls from Fantasia came over and handed me a Four Keys Card for working hard to keep the store stocked. That was so awesome! Later that night, I was finishing up the last cart, and the stocker who I worked with gave me a second Four Keys Card for helping her out. That was so cool, getting two recognition cards in a row. It really, truly feels awesome getting recognized for working hard.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment