Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 93: Why Am I Here This Early

Today I worked a new shift: Packages. I started at 7:30 and worked until 4:00. I don't want to gripe that much, but I think it's time. This shift absolutely sucked! Basically, I had not been trained for this shift, but was still assigned it. One of the cast members works this shift every week, 5 days a week. This week, I was assigned to take one of the shifts she doesn't work.

The shift is pretty simple- cleaning the candy counter, cutting more fudge if it's needed, getting the packages that guests had shipped and logging them into the system, getting food deliveries for the market and candy counters. When I started my shift, I told my coordinator that I had never done this shift and did not know what to do. He gave me a checklist to go off of.

Everything was going great until one of the other cast members told me I needed to get the packages, because it was 11 and they had probably already been on the dock for about an hour. When I went to get them, I had no idea how many packages would be there, so I grabbed a cart from the stockroom, instead of one meant for bigger deliveries. A cast member came downstairs and, very angrily, told me that people upstairs were yelling and upset that they had not yet received their packages and that I should have just asked for help if I didn't know what I was doing. So anyways.

For such a time-sensitive position, I feel like I wasn't given enough heads-up. It ended up being ok, no one was angry or upset at all. It was just frustrating that I felt unprepared for this shift. When I went to go cut fudge, the fudge cutter was dirty! Someone had left a dirty utensil in the bin, so I had to go get it cleaned and then use it, and then clean it again. That was also a tad frustrating.

But my day got a little better after I got out of work because when I got back into my car, I checked my record card and found out where I'm working for my extension! I will be doing attractions in my favorite park, Magic Kingdom! I'll be working in Frontierland so I'm super happy! That means I could get Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, or Country Bear Jamboree/Tom Sawyer Island. Let's just say that I would much prefer either of the first two.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment