Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 77: I Get to be an Honorary Easter Bunny!

So today I worked on Easter morning. My shift was from 6am-2:30pm. To start, from 6am to about 10am, I helped out the Easter Bunny by delivering some baskets. We were given baskets to deliver to other parts of the resort, whether it be the Garden View Suite, the Contemporary Tower, or Bay Lake. The tricky part was that once we put the basket outside their door, we had to knock the door and Run! If they didn't answer the door, I had to run back and re-knock. There was one room where I was heading back to see if anyone answered the door, and as I was walking towards the room, I saw a hand reach out and grab the package. I just kept on walking past the room so as not to draw suspicion to myself!

If they were already in the parks, we could leave the basket in the room for them. Those were easier to work with for sure. After we were done helping the Easter Bunny, we all headed to floorstock for the rest of the morning. We were basically extra bodies because they had their normal amount of floorstockers plus the 'bunnies'. So we helped straighten the store and greet guests for the last half of our shift!

After our shift, I went to Applebees with my coworkers. It was a much deserved treat after running so much! Tonight was Opening Day of baseball season, and I was actually home in time to watch it! My team, the Chicago Cubs were taking on the St. Louis Cardinals, their bitter rivals. It was awesome to see the rivalry game even though I was in Orlando, but it stunk that the Cubs lost. This is our year though! Back to the Future Part II said so, so it must be true right? Anyways, tomorrow I am back to regular shifts. I really enjoyed doing the baskets! It was a nice change of pace, for sure.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment