Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 74: Easing into the Baskets Life

Today I had another baskets shift from 9:00-17:30. We set up a table outside the shop to make them on stage, instead of making them back in the stockroom where the guests couldn't see us. We were never that busy which was a nice way to ease into the busy period coming up.

We had a guest come in with his kids and he was super nice. My coworker Britney wanted to give them Mickey's autograph because there wasn't too much in the baskets he wanted to make and we all wanted to make it awesome. She got Mickey's autograph and some coloring pages from Chef Mickey's for each of the kids, so that was super awesome.

Near the end of my shift, a woman came up to the table and I offered to help her find some stuff to make 8 baskets, 1 for each of her grandkids. Instead of walking around with me, she basically gave me a $60 limit for each kid, and wanted me to shop for her. She gave me all her grandkids' favorite characters, so I could try to narrow down what to put in her baskets. I ended up staying an hour and a half late because it was kind of confusing to pass the information on to someone else, so I did it myself! I wonder if this is what the rest of my baskets shifts will be like?

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment