Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 70: First Baskets Shift

So today was my first actual baskets shift at the Contemporary. I don't think I fully explained what we do, but all the resorts on Disney property do pre-made and custom Easter baskets during the week leading up to Easter. This year, Easter is April 5th, so the week before that was when we make baskets.

All the baskets would either have a theme, or a certain character, or is targeted to a certain age range. Once we pick the items to go into the pre-made baskets, we assemble them into the basket and shrink wrap it.

Today was my first non-training shift on baskets. Since it was really early in the week and we didn't think many, if any, people would be buying baskets, we made some more pre-made ones. We were given the theme and a price point and given free reign to make the basket!

During my shift from 9:00-17:30, I made about 3 baskets. There was still a learning curve when it came to picking the right items, as well as shrink-wrapping the baskets. Near the end of my shift, there was some overlap with the closing basket shift, so we worked together to make a few baskets.

Tomorrow, I close on baskets.

'Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment