Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 60: Good News! And Some Networking

So, today was pretty eventful! It was the first day a lot of people were hearing back about their extensions- it was all people who got "Same Role/Same Location", which I did not put on my preferences, so I knew I wouldn't hear back yet. I was driving one of my coworkers in to work because we had a networking event before our shift, and I hear my e-mail ding. Lo and behold, there is sitting another 'Congratulations' e-mail!! I got extended, y'all! Into attractions, which was my first choice! I am so so excited to be able to work in a park finally!!!!

The networking event was interesting. It was pirate themed. Several leaders at the Contemporary dressed as pirates, and we had to gather information about them to match them up with their pirate alter-ego. There were so many leaders and so many CPs there that it was kind of difficult to maneuver through everything and get any quality time with them. I got a free lunch box and a Mickey premium bar at the end though, so that was awesome.

We all headed upstairs to get our assignments- even though I was scheduled as Front of House, I was the Market stocker which is ok because that's probably my favorite position out of everything. There were 4 other people in the market, all CPs, which is way more than we need normally considering we only have 3 registers, but it was still a lot of fun! I went to the stocker's meeting about an hour after I started, and I was floorstock the rest of the night.

'Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment