Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 49: Howdy, Y'all!

Today was so much fun! I started at DHS in the morning with Kerry and Kriss. We went on a few rides, and we did the animation class, played Toy Story Midway Mania, and met Sorcerer Mickey.

After we were done at Studios, I headed to work at Frontierland! My friend CJ, who works at Splash Mountain, helped me navigate through backstage to get to Frontierland. I found a leader who gave me a walk through of the area, and it turns out he used to work at the Contemporary! Disney really does connect everyone! The coordinator who was on duty tonight went to Bama- seriously it was getting kind of freaky.



I got to work at upper registers, which was composed of the Trading Post, Prairie, and Big Al's. I worked at Big Al's the most, which is an outdoor stand. This was probably my favorite shop. It was so much fun to see people walking and help them out. I got asked a lot of questions, got to trade some pins, pretty fun stuff. At night, I got to see the Main Street Electrical Parade from outside the Trading Post, and because we weren't busy, we could watch from the doorway. After that, we could see Wishes as we were closing down Big Al's. I also talked to the Tomorrowland area manager, who put me in the nightly recap for pin trading with her and some guests.

Overall, I really enjoyed Magic Kingdom a lot! It was fun to work in a faster-paced environment, and being in the parks made it really feel like Disney!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment