Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 47: My First Shift in a Park!

So, today was my first shift in a park! It was so exciting! It was at Fantasyland Courtyard at Magic Kingdom, which was so freaking cool!



I left myself a lot of extra time, since I had never worked outside the Contemporary. There was a lot of traffic because of construction, so that was a good thing! Once I parked and took the shuttle, I changed into my costume. Fantasyland is one of the quickest places to find as far as Magic Kingdom goes, so I was able to find the meeting area and call for a coordinator.

The coordinator gave me a quick walk-through of the area and showed me the shops I could work in, where the break areas are, and any general things to know like where the bathroom is, where the smoking areas are, etc.

After I clocked in, I got my first assignment from CDS, the computer system that most places use. The Contemporary doesn't use it, so that was cool! My first assignment was to "merchantain" in Castly Couture which meant pixie dust! It was so fun- for about 45 minutes, I got to pixie dust all the princesses and knights. An area manager was walking through the shop while I was doing this, and told me he was going to put me in the nightly write-up for talking with the princesses and pixie-dusting everyone. That was so awesome to hear!

Throughout my shift, I got the chance to work in all 3 shops (Sir Mickeys, Castle Couture and Fantasy Faire). My shift started really late because there were Extra Magic Hours until 2. I got off at 1:30, but tonight was also daylight savings, so by the time I got home, it was nearly 3 in the morning.

All in all, it was a wonderful night. I'm really excited to get to work in the parks some more this weekend!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment