Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 68: My Half Birthday, and Some Training

Not that it's relevant, but today is my half birthday! Yay!! Today, I was trained on Easter baskets! As tomorrow marks the beginning of Easter week, this training was super fun and definitely important. We could sign up to be a part of the basket-making team, which meant we would be outside the shop making custom baskets for guests and their families leading up to Easter.

We also had some pre-made ones that we could sell right off the shelves, which is how we spent our training. Our manager gave us a theme and a price point, and we would go shopping and find things to make a basket. Once the items were approved and the budget looked good, we would go downstairs to our stock room, and assemble the basket. We had to make it look really full even if it only had a few items, or make sure you could see everything if there was a lot inside the basket.

Once everything looked pretty, we put it into a shrink bag and got to shrink wrap the whole thing, which was simultaneously the coolest and most frustrating part of the whole thing, or should I say 'hole' thing because if you held the heat gun too close to the wrap, there would be a hole and you would have to redo everything. I almost rage quit a few times, but once I got the hang of it, it was so much fun.

So during this 6 hour training, we made several pre-made baskets that will be on display during this week. If they sell, we go downstairs and remake it. Pretty simple! I think I'm gonna like this. During Easter week, I have 4 basket shifts and 1 register shift.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment