Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 61: Playing at EPCOT, Working at EPCOT

So today, I officially paid my extension fee! I want to room with my friend Tess, but I'm waiting for her to hear back. Hopefully she gets her good news soon! In the morning/afternoon, I went to Epcot with Tess, only for a little bit. We had time to walk about World Showcase a little bit and grab a bite to eat and that's about it because I was off to work soon!

I also got an e-mail to schedule an interview for the Disney Gift Card Services Marketing Internship. In the e-mail, it said the internship was mainly creative, with a heavy emphasis on Adobe Creative Suite, so I declined. I am proficient in Creative Suite, but I wouldn't want my entire internship to depend on my ability to use it.



I picked up a shift at MouseGear, which is the third biggest store on property. Maneuvering backstage Epcot was pretty frustrating. The entrance to MouseGear was right near the front of the park, but I had to take a bus to get to costuming, and wait for it to circle back around to take it back. The only problem was that the bus doesn't run very often at all. Of the shifts I have picked up, this one was honestly probably my least favorite. It's just such a big store, it's tough to even get a walk through from a coordinator which made it tough to do my job and assist guests if they got lost or needed information. Other than that, it was still cool to work in a new location.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment