Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 24: More Professional Internship Updates

So today, my roommate Jen and I went to the Professional Internship Insights Panel to hear what recruiters for Professional Internships and the College Program had to say about the process. It was really cool to be able to talk with them, and get some advice on things regarding the application process that were a bit confusing.

I'm so glad to have these opportunities and I know I would kick myself later on if I didn't take advantage of them now. I learned that the closing dates for these internships are approaching quickly, so over this coming weekend, I'll be sure to finish up my applications for any internships I have left.

When I got out of the Insights Panel, I checked my e-mail to see that I had an invitation to schedule a preliminary phone screen for the Alumni-only internships I applied to. When I got back to my apartment to schedule it on a computer, the only times available were tomorrow, 2/12, during times that I'll be at work. I called and asked about alternate times, but they told me my best bet was to pick a time and talk to my leaders to see if they could help me out. Thank goodness for my managers who were so wonderful and accommodating.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Islands of Adventure and then I close again, 3:30-midnight.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment