Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 15: First Day Closing

Today I worked from 15:30-00:00, or 3:30-midnight for all you non-military time peeps. This was my first time closing, and I also learned a lot of new things like how we handle money at the end of the night, and how to sell magic bands and how to link them to people's accounts.

Closing procedure is pretty simple. I'll close down a register or two, basically printing off receipts and compiling all the money, gift cards, and receipts in the drawer together. We take the money downstairs to the safe and drop the money, then we each will get a zone of the store to straighten and organize. 

I met a family from Indiana today, which was nice to connect with someone. We talked about the snowstorm they were getting in the Midwest and how they can now enjoy the sun for a few days and make their friends jealous! 

I got home around 1 in the morning, and there were 0 parking spots. None! I had to park two buildings over from mine, so I've never experienced that before. Hopefully it won't be that bad again but who knows?

Tomorrow I work 10:00-18:30, and I'll be taking my assessment!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment