Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 20: My First Magical Moment

I closed again today, but I didn't have a chance to do anything in the morning. I definitely needed to sleep in to recover from the long day I had yesterday. I was working a really short shift compared to my usual one, 3:45-9:45pm. In our main gift shop, Bayview Gifts, we have two counters: jewelry, or candy. Tonight was my first night on the candy counter. We have a small dessert display with fudge, cookies, and other treats so we have to handle those.

I had a guest come in who was surprised for his 23rd birthday with a trip to Disney World! I think that's the best birthday present I've ever heard of. He was so surprised by this that he forgot to bring his Disney pins to trade with other Cast Members. He saw one of my pins that he really enjoyed, so I said, "Happy early birthday, here you go!" He was so happy from this simple act, it was really cool to be able to be apart of that.

After my shift ended, I ran to the monorail to go to the Ticket and Transportation Center to meet my roommates Jen and Alayna to watch Wishes! They pump the music into the TTC and you can see the fireworks from across the water. It was really beautiful!

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Animal Kingdom before closing again, 4:00-midnight.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment