Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 23: My First Day of Class and EPCOT!

Yes, I skipped a day. I worked yesterday, but nothing of interest happened. As much as I enjoy the work I do at the Contemporary Resort, I really wish I could have worked in the parks. I know I can pick up shifts there, but it still stinks because I do prefer a faster paced work environment, and the shops are literally dead a huge portion of the time. That's frustrating, but I can't really complain, because I do get to do lots of fun stuff!

So, today was my first class. I am taking two classes but one starts next week. Today was my first day of Human Resources Management. 4 hours is a long time to be a classroom though, so if you're interested in taking a class, make sure to keep that in mind. That being said, I thought the first day was interesting! It's a lot of stuff I've already heard in previous classes at Alabama, but it's still fun to be doing something like this through Disney.

After class, I picked up Tess and Alayna and we headed to EPCOT. We had time to go on Spaceship: Earth and Ellen's Energy Adventure before shopping at MouseGear for a while because our holiday discount ends in two days! We met up with Jen and watched Illuminations from outside the America pavilion which was different than any view I'd seen before.

Here's an update on my Professional Internship standings:

Disneyland Fairytale Weddings: Submission 2/7/2015
WDW Fairytale Weddings: Submission 2/7/2015
ESPN Stats and Information: In Progress 1/31/2015
ALUMNI ONLY Marketing: In Progress 2/9/2015 (phone screen scheduled for 2/13)
ALUMNI ONLY: In Progress 2/10/2015
ALUMNI ONLY Ticket Fulfillment: Submission 2/8/2015
Park and Event Ticket Sales: In Progress 2/10/2015

Tomorrow, Jen and I are going to a Professional Interns Forum to meet some recruiters and learn about the Professional Internships. I work from 3:00-11:30 after that.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment