Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 18: We Just Did the Ultimate Park Hopper

So today was quite possibly one of the best days of my program so far. Kerry and I woke up bright and early in order to get to Universal when the park opened. We knew there was going to be rain so we bought ponchos just in case. This also meant the park probably wouldn't be very busy. With that in mind, we decided we wanted to try to go on every ride at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Crazy, I know.

We were able to walk on almost every ride today. I don't think I've ever seen a park this empty. So remember folks, go to Universal Studios on rainy weekdays in early February. It's so worth it! We went on Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit which is a crazy roller coaster, the Despicable Me show, Shrek 4D, the Transformers Ride, Twister, and the Mummy before noon.

While we were eating lunch at Mel's Diner, we decided that we would look at wait times at Disney to see if the rain had affected them. We saw that a bunch of rides had really short lines so we decided to forego riding every ride at Universal and instead... CONQUER THE MOUNTAINS at Magic Kingdom.

We still wanted to go and see other rides, so we headed to the Simpsons area of the park before going on Men in Black. Kerry was a worthy adversary, but no match for me!
It was so much fun!
Then we headed to Diagon Alley! Oh my goodness it is seriously just as cool the second time around, if not cooler. There is so much detail in everything, and the Escape From Gringotts ride is absolutely perfect. So we hopped aboard the Hogwarts Express and headed to Hogsmeade for the Forbidden Journey ride. 

Er mah gerd, Hergwerts

After that, we booked it out of Universal Studios and headed for Disney property! Once we made it to Magic Kingdom, we decided to meet the talking Mickey. It was legit super creepy. I don't know why it was so weird, but it just was awkward/uncomfortable? Anyways, after that, we stopped and listened to the musical stylings of the very famous Dapper Dans!

Perfection, as usual

After that, we headed to Frontierland to begin the mountain trek. First, we braved Splash Mountain. Remember those ponchos from earlier? Yeah, they didn't do much good except make us look ridiculous. We ended up with a front row seat and got kinda wet. After that, we met Jessie and Woody!


We then headed to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the wildest ride in the Wilderness! After that, we got some ice cream and headed towards Tomorrowland, my fave. We had to wait a few more minutes for our Fastpass for Space Mountain, so we went on Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Neither of us are very good at it, but it's still fun! After that, we went on the TTA PeopleMover and ventured all over Tomorrowland. Finally, it was time for our Fastpass!

So. Much. Fun.

It was seriously such a great day. I don't think I've done this much in a long time. It definitely pays to be here when it's dead, and I'm glad we're taking advantage of that! Tomorrow, I work at 3:30, but my roommates and I are going to Hollywood Studios before! Another long day, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

'Til next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment