Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 193: Moving On and Moving Out

Today I turned in my house keys and apartment ID and moved out of Chatham. I got up around 8:45 so I could finish loading up the car. I had packed a few boxes up last night, but I still had my bedding and a few smaller things.

Once I got almost everything in the car, I took a shower so I could pack up my toiletry items. Kaitlyn and Chelsea had left at this point, and two of my other roommates had left before today. So it was just me and Tess left. I was taking her to the airport, so we left the apartment at 11am, donated our mattress pads and headed out.

We stopped for lunch on the way because she didn't have to be at the airport until 1:30 anyways. We sat in the restaurant for a while, just talking and making flipagram videos to document our program. After I dropped her off at the airport, I plugged my grandparent's address into my GPS and headed to South Carolina. I'm picking my mom up there and we're finishing the drive to Illinois.

I'm sure I will end up doing a recap post soon enough considering I have 2 weeks at home before I head off to school. It was definitely a crazy experience from beginning to end. I met so many amazing people, and my outlook on life has changed for the better.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment