Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 189: Last Stretch of Work

Today was my third to last day. I worked 2pm-11:15pm. The first thing I pulled was grouper assist. I was rotated pretty quickly to main dispatch, but it took a long time for the next rotation to come around for me to get to grouper. And again, it took a while for the rotation to come around.

While I was on main grouper, I had my first guest cuss at me. It was super exciting. Basically, the way I grouped her family, they would be on the same train, but just in different cars. That's the way it goes, and a lot of families have this happen to them. It is literally unavoidable, so I can't make exceptions for people.  Let me put a handy diagram below for you.
They were sitting in the two rows circled in red.

The mother was asking if they could be in the same car. I told them that they would be on the same train, but that's all I could do. They asked repeatedly, but I told them the same thing every time. When I went back to group the next train, they tried moving themselves so they'd be in the same car. I asked them to move back to their original rows, but she was getting more snippy and less cooperative. Eventually, she yelled "F*** you! What's your name?"

I got my first break about 2 hours in. After that, I pulled main unload, which meant I was going to the same positions: grouper assist, main dispatch, main grouper. Rotation was moving a bit faster this time though. After I came back from lunch, we went down for weather. I pulled a task, then got Fastpass entry. That meant I got to go outside and tell people we were closed. We kept asking people to not stand in line because they're really not supposed to do it, but they all refused to move.

Just as we re-opened, rotation came around and I ended back at main unload, grouper assist, and main dispatch. After my last break, I was fully expecting to get that same cluster of positions, but I ended up getting spur unload. Since my last break came early, I made it all the way up to Tower where I stayed until my bumpout.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment