Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 165: He Walked Right Next to Me!

Today I worked from 3:30-12:15. I started at main grouper, and was kind of cycling back there through the rest of the night. Grouper/grouper assist have slowly become some of my favorite positions to work (relatively, because I'm struggling to find a position that I really really like), because it keeps you really busy and time flies. Also, it's not as repetitive as some of the other positions can be.

In the same rotation as main grouper is main unload. You're kind of on an island by yourself for that whole time, unloading guests, checking lap bars, and sending trains. It can get kind of boring, and very hot because the only spot of air conditioning is halfway up the train, whereas I spend most of my time near the back of the train which is where our console is.

While I was at main unload, a coordinator comes over and tells our dispatch person to lock their gates. Normally, when this happens, we would check for lost and found then re-open them right away. I asked if that was what we were doing, but the coordinator just smiled and said, "You'll see". Very cryptic, if you ask me.

The next train pulls in to the station and it is almost completely empty save for the last two rows. There's a guest relations cast member with the party, so it must be someone important. Once the guests get off the train, they unlock the gates so the next group of people can get on. I look at the group as they're exiting, and it is one of the singers from One Direction. I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but I knew enough about them to know who it was, so that was pretty cool. I guess we locked the gates so if he got recognized, he wouldn't get mobbed.

The rest of the night went very smoothly, and I was out at 12:15, which meant I closed spur exit (wheelchair assistance) and filled out closing paperwork.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment