Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 182: 6 Months in Disney

Today marks half a year ('ear') that I've spent working for the Mouse. Wow, has time flown by. I had a 7 hour shift, 8:45-3:45. I started the day at main unload, and it was super chill because we weren't filling the train completely full until I moved to another position. There were a lot of tour groups this morning though, which was horrible.

I asked them to pull up on their lap bar, making the motion with my hands as well, and they would all ignore me. I didn't really have time to explain to them what I needed them to do, so I just had to walk down the train and manually check all the lap bars when they wouldn't do it themselves. I feel bad because I've kind of lost my patience with them, but I'm keeping in mind I only have a few more shifts until I'm done.

After my first break, I went outside to stand-by greeter and stood outside for a few hours. I went to wheelchair assist and was literally running back and forth for the entire 45 minutes. By then my break should have come around. But it hadn't. I moved to spur unload and was there for about 45 minutes as well. Still no break. At this point, I only had 2 hours left in my shift, and I still hadn't taken my lunch. Finally it came around.

When I got back from lunch, I pulled the main rotation, which meant I went up to merge, which would be where I'd end my day. We went down for weather while I was up there, but came back up pretty quickly.

When I got home, I just ate a little bit and laid in my bed for the rest of the night.

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment