Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 191: Last Day As A Disney Cast Member

So guys, today was the day. It was my last shift as a Disney Cast Member. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling, because while I am super excited to go home and see my family and go back to school, I will miss being down in Orlando, and getting to go to the parks on my off days.

I worked 10am-5pm today which was a weird shift since I never got afternoons before. I packed up all my costumes to get ready to turn them in after my shift, then I was on my way. Right out of the gate, I got spur grouper. People today were really rough. Just not listening, the regular stuff. I moved outside for a while after that then got my first break. About an hour into my shift, I got a 'special task', which was to go to the manager's trailer for a meeting. It was my final day evaluation, so I sat down with two of my leaders and we talked about my performance. I got pretty good comments from them, especially for my attendance because I didn't call out at all.

I tried putting in for an ER just so I wouldn't have to take my unpaid lunch, but they were tight on labor apparently, since I didn't get it. My lunch came kind of late, I ended up getting back from lunch with roughly an hour and a half left in my shift. When I got back, I pulled two tasks. I was sitting in the office when a coordinator walked in and asked if I was comfortable going to the mini-lift to pull a train back on. Apparently while I was at lunch we had gone down to 4 trains because of some brake issues.

I headed back to the mini-lift with another cast member. While I had taken trains off of the mini lift, I hadn't pulled one back on since my training. Luckily, the maintenance guy who was out there with us was super helpful. Once we signaled to the Train cast member that we wanted to pull a train on, we opened up the swing bridge and started moving the train. Good thing nothing went wrong, because we could have backed up the operation a lot. We pulled it on part of the way, then went back into the station to let the other cast members finish pulling it in.

I ended up getting my bumpout early, around 4:40, so I sat in the office for about 10 minutes with some people before I could clock out.

No, thank you Mickey.

I said my goodbyes, then headed to the tunnels. I hopped into the shower in the Utilidors to freshen up because I wouldn't be going back to my apartment until way later in the night. I turned in all my costumes, then went to Vista Way to pick up Sydnee! We went on a few errands, like me getting my nose pierced (no more Disney Look), and going to the Disney Character Warehouse at the outlet mall. We had dinner then went to our former co-worker Lynn's apartment where some of the Contemporary CP's would be getting together for one last night.



After I got to say goodbye to those coworkers, I went to pick up some of my fellow Thundercats to go to Steak n' Shake with a bunch of other CP's. It was nice to be able to say goodbye to so many of my coworkers.



I ended up getting home around 3 in the morning, just enough time to get a few hours of sleep before our big day tomorrow. We're going to hit all 4 parks in 1 day to celebrate our last day in the parks.

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment