Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 185: Favorite Character Meet Ever

Today was the first day of my weekend! I went to Magic Kingdom to meet the last couple characters I hadn't met before. But it was suuuuper hot. I planned on meeting Gaston, Peter Pan, Tiana, and Merida.

I made a fastpass for Space Mountain, my favorite ride, so I headed there first. The fastpass line was extending way WAY out. By the time I got to the first touchpoint (still outside the building), I had already been waiting 10 minutes. Then I walked inside and was stopped by the line again. In total, I waited over 25 minutes to get on the ride through the fastpass line. Normally I don't complain about things like this because I know what it's like to work at a busy attraction, but 25 minutes is WAY too long. The guarantee is 15 minutes or less to get on the ride, and even that is pushing it.

Anyways, I headed towards Fantasyland to meet Peter Pan. I hopped in line, asked the people in front of me if they were waiting to meet Peter, and they said yes. Success, I was in the right place! About 5 minutes of waiting later, and the character attendant comes by to cut the line, except he cuts it maybe 10 people in front of us?? Turns out the people in front of us were just waiting in the shade, and not waiting in line, but no one said anything to us. We went to the attendant, but they said to just come back for the next set. I headed to Gaston's meet and greet area, but the line was already cut. I was just about ready to go back home, when my roommate Alexa said she was also at Magic Kingdom, and wanted to meet up! So we met at Gaston's Tavern, and waited for him in a pretty short line.

Gaston was soooo funny! I could probably stand next to his character spot all day and listen to him interact with people. I was wearing a Gaston hair bow that I made, and he saw it and made me take it out so he could 'see himself'. He then proceeded to clip it to his chest hair. It fell off pretty quickly, but it was still so funny.

There's the bow, just sitting on his chest



After that, we headed to meet Peter Pan. He said I was dressed like Mr. Smee because my shirt had blue and white stripes on it. He told us to watch out for pirates, so of course we said we would. Then we headed toward the Courtyard and took the classic picture in front of the castle with my graduation ears, then I headed home because the heat was getting to me. I started making a cross-stitch for my co-worker Haley because she wanted one that had a rap lyric on it, and I thought it was super funny and right up my alley.





Gonna miss this place :(


Tomorrow I'm going to 1900 Park Fare with my roommates and then Hollywood Studios!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment