Saturday, July 18, 2015

Day 179-181: Down to the Wire

These last few days have been pretty easy. Some pretty short shifts overall. On Thursday, we had another famous guest ride Thunder. I was at spur dispatch when I saw a group come into the station. I recognized one of the family members as Troy Polamalu, NFL safety, famous for his voluminous and beautiful hair. Because I was at the dispatch console, I sent his train and waved to them as they left the station.

The next day, I had a 6 hour shift at night, so I took advantage of this and went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries to last me for another 2 weeks and got some toiletries. On Saturday, I worked a normal 9 hour shift. I was at Wheelchair Assist during the fireworks again. It was still cool. After the fireworks, a guest came in because they lost their reading glasses on the ride. I found them for them, and they gave me a card as they left and thanked me for helping them. It was a thank you card that read "Thanks for making our day magical!" It was super cute, and I will keep it forever.

Around 11:30pm, right before the park closed to non-resort guests, the ride broke down. About 10 minutes before that, Splash Mountain had gone down for technical reasons as well, so all our coordinators/leaders were over there. It took a few minutes to get us started, but eventually I was sent out to evacuate a train, then do a track walk afterwards. My shift ended at 12:30, so I got my bumpout just a few minutes after that and I went home to sleep, because I had a very short turnaround to the next morning.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment