Monday, July 6, 2015

Day 169: My First PAC Shift

Today was my first time doing PAC outside of training. It was kind of intimidating, because while they used to have little index cards that described what every position does, they lost them so I felt very confused about my job responsibilities. I was given Splash 3, who really doesn't do a whole lot, thank goodness. We actually stood by the carts backstage that held the stanchions, and brought them out following the parade so that we could take down the ropes/stanchions as quickly as possible behind the parade route.

Because we were backstage, we got to still see the parade, but we weren't responsible for watching the guests or anything like that, so we got to enjoy the Festival of Fantasy parade. Considering I probably won't get any more PAC shifts, this was super cool! As we followed the parade, I pulled the cart next to the ropes so that we could unclip everything while the parade was still going. It was kind of stressful, because a lot of the people were training for PAC or it was their first shift too, so there was a bit of miscommunication but no one died/was hurt, so it was a success!

After that, I went into rotation at Thunder for a few hours. I pulled my break right away, so I was talking to someone else doing PAC. I was supposed to go back to the night parade, but she had an earlier end time while staying in rotation for the rest of the night. Because I was really tired from the parade earlier, I traded with her so I stayed at Thunder the rest of the night.

I was at wheelchair assist during the fireworks for the first time, and wow, that is really the best place to watch the fireworks. I sat talking with a family who had a guest with a wheelchair, and they wanted to wait until the fireworks were over to go on the ride. They had never seen Wishes, so I was kind of explaining the cues because you can't really hear the music over the Frontierland music we play.

Right after the fireworks ended, our ride went down for technical issues. This was also right when my bumpout came so I didn't have to evacuate any trains or reset, but this poor family was so close to going on Thunder, I tried to give them some re-adds but they said they were good and thanked me for sharing the fireworks with them. All in all a cool night!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment