Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 183: So Hot Outside

Today I worked from 4:15pm-12:30am. For those of you keeping track, this was my last closing shift at Thunder! I have a few more night shifts but I'm not closing. Since I was out at :30, that meant I was closing at our mini-lift and moving trains back into the storage facility.

I started at fastpass greeter, and it was so freaking hot outside! Normally there's some kind of breeze or the sun is behind the clouds for a little while, but today, nothing. The guests were probably feeling it too, as it was difficult to engage with them.

Later in the night, I was at stand-by greeter right when the fireworks started. During the fireworks, rotation went around, so I got to see the finale from our wheelchair assist position, which is the best view. After my last break, I was back out at fastpass.

I had a guest come up to me at fastpass who wanted to use his paper re-add because Space Mountain was down (which it was), so I let him through. He stopped and said that wait, he wanted to use the ticket here, but keep them so that he could go to Guest Relations in the morning and get a free day of park admission so that he could come back to go on Space Mountain. I told him that probably wouldn't work for multiple reasons and that he would have to give the ticket to the cast member at the top. He said he would, but that he would still try to go to guest relations in the morning. I told him good luck, then I rotated to main unload.

We closed the main side of the station while I was at main unload, so after that I went to the mini-lift. I stayed back there for probably the last 45 minutes waiting for the park to close so we could pull off the last of the trains, then I came back in and clocked out.

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment