Saturday, July 4, 2015

Day 167: Happy Birthday America! (Or As I Call It, Happy Phase Closure Day)

Today I worked at Magic Kingdom to celebrate the birthday of the greatest country in the world, Murica. I worked from 3:45-12:30, so I pretty much slept right until I needed to get ready for work, considering I got out of work at 4am yesterday. I started off my day by tasking, so I headed up to merge because a coordinator told me it was really busy.

As I was walking up the steps to enter our covered queue, I saw a bunch of bottles and drink cups getting lined up on a railing. People were leaving their trash there instead of taking it to a trash can. So I picked it up to take it to the trash, when someone walked past me and left their trash right there where I was cleaning up! I had my arms full walking towards merge and dumped all the trash off, when a coordinator came by and thanked me. He wrote me a Four Keys card for keeping everything clean!

Later in the day, I got off my break around 8:45pm and pulled stand-by greeter! That meant I would get to see the fireworks, finally! I had heard they were so absolutely cool so I was pumped to see them in person. Someone was telling me they were perimeter fireworks, meaning they would go off 360 degrees all around Magic Kingdom at certain points in the show.

No one was really walking on to the ride, instead opting in to see the fireworks, so we got to watch the fireworks almost the entire time. The finale was without a doubt, one of the coolest things I have seen probably ever. It felt like you were surrounded by the fireworks, and I could not stop staring with my mouth open and eyes wide. It was an awesome experience.

Since the park closed at 1am and I was out at 12:30, I didn't have to close. So I got to go home and sleep because I have to be back in at 10:30 tomorrow.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment