Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 168: Rainy Day Means Going Home Early

Today I was scheduled to work from 10:30am-11:15pm. I'm not a fan of these shifts at all, for multiple obvious reasons, among them being they're over 12 hours, and they take up the entire day so I can't do anything other than work. I spent the day in spur rotation in the same 3 positions, wheelchair assist, spur unload, and spur exit. Those positions can make time go by quickly, but overall, those are some of my least favorite positions. I would much rather be outside.

I finally pulled a different rotation, the main side rotation, which starts up in merge. Within a couple minutes, we went down for weather. The rain was coming down pretty hard, so that drove a lot of people out. The park was actually really empty, my theory is that they all came to the park last night to see the fireworks, so they were at different parks today.

I had put in for an ER for around 10, but my coordinator called up to merge and asked if I wanted to go home at 7 (right now) instead, so of course I said yes. Myself and one other person got to go home very early which was super nice, so I could relax!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment