Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 162: Fun Day Shopping with Sydnee!

Today I got to hang out with my old coworker Sydnee. I was awesome catching up with her and hearing about how the Contemporary is doing. We went to lunch at the Ale House, which was delicious. We then tried to plan the rest of our day. It was kind of rainy, so we didn't want to go to a park. Instead we decided to go thrift shopping.

There was a thrift shop kind of near our apartments, so we headed there first. It felt more like a pawn shop than a thrift shop, considering how much the prices were, but we still found some cool stuff. We each found a Pocahontas cup that Burger King used to sell, so that was awesome. We also looked around in the book section, and I found a book of Auburn jokes, so of course I had to get it. When we went to check out, the guy gave me the book for free! It's like it was meant to be mine.

After that, we went to Goodwill. I found a faded Vera Bradley backpack for $7 so of course I snatched that right up. I also found a Hercules coloring book and a VHS of Zero to Hero which is a Hercules prequel kind of thing. Jackpot! Then we went to Cast Connections to look around. I ended up getting some discounted Disney make-up which came with a super cute Haunted Mansion makeup bag. We headed to Target to look for luggage for Sydnee, but we ended up buying minion goggles and agreeing that we would go see the Minions movie when it comes out in a few weeks. So excited!

We both left with a pretty good haul. Definitely a day well spent!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment