Saturday, June 6, 2015

Day 139: In the Home Stretch

Today was Day 5 of 8 in a row for me. It was also my longest scheduled shift, 10 and a half hours. My upcoming schedule has a 13 hour shift though, so that'll be interesting. To start my shift, I was at main unload. The rotation for that involves main dispatch, main grouper, and grouper assist. I got my lunch really early in my shift, and when I came back, I jumped right to grouper and stayed there for a pretty long time. I moved to the spur rotation, and did spur exit for a while, which means assisting wheelchair parties onto the ride.

Around 9:30, someone decided it would be a good idea to stand up at the top of one of the lifts. The Tower cast member e-stopped the ride, so we had to evacuate everyone in the cars. Since I was grouping on the spur side of the station, and there was a train parked in the station, we started having people exit out through the train. We opened up one gate and had everyone file out single-file and gave them all a re-admission ticket. By then, all the guests were evacuated off the track too, so I did part of the track reset. I did the back section again, because I was pretty comfortable with it. It went super quick on my end, but the whole reset took a while. Eventually we came back up though while I was on break.

Once we hit extra magic hours, we stop admitting fastpass+, and only allow resort guests to ride. Because there are so few guests in the park compared to the day, we don't rotate as often. So from around 11pm-1:30am, I was grouper. I grouped for two and a half hours in a row. That was absolute insanity. Near the end, there were so few people, we weren't filling the trains at all. Someone rotated me, so I pulled greeter, and scanned people's tickets and magicbands to confirm their resort reservations, then let them in. I closed greeter, by closing the line and bringing in all the electronics. Then I finally went home at 2:15am.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment