Thursday, June 4, 2015

Day 137: First Day On My Own

Today was my first shift on my own. My first position ever was.... Main dispatch. A tad underwhelming, but it will now always have a special place in my heart ❤️❤️ I opened at this position, so I didn't go to walk down, instead I stayed in the station until the guests arrived.

 I was put into rotation and quickly moved to grouper on the main side. It went awesome! Literally so smooth, nobody was choosing their own rows, it was great. By then, it was already time for my first break. I sat in the office and read The Princess Bride. After break, I pulled grouper... Again!

Eventually we rotated around and I was moved to grouper assist, main unload, and fastpass greeter. I also did greeter 2, who handles the disability access services and wheelchair return times. One gentleman came up to me and had a sheet of paper from guest relations saying he had a fastpass good for any ride and that he wanted to use it at Thunder. I hadn't encountered this type of situation yet so I deferred to a coworker. Basically after about 5 minutes it was resolved, but he was mistaken/trying to abuse the system.

To end my first day alone, I headed to wheelchair assist. I was there for about an hour and I was struggling by the end. It was just a lot of walking uphill to the other exit, our machine went down, etc. it really tired me out. I went back to the apartment and took a shower, then Tess and I then headed to a new comedy show that was downtown and it was awesome! Wayne Brady from Whose Line performed in this troupe long ago, so you know it was good!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment