Monday, June 22, 2015

Days 151-155: Probably the Worst I've Felt

So guys, my time here has been mostly awesome. There were some days I felt sick, or just didn't think I could make it into work, but nothing really as bad as this five day stretch. Day 1, I worked 14 hours. That was, by far, the longest shift I had ever worked, and it's not the only time I'll work 14 hours, I'm sure. Day 2, I had my PAC training, which is training for the parades and setting up/taking down the ropes/stanchions, and how to control traffic flow and whatnot. This was a 10 hour shift, but in the direct Florida sun. Day 3, I worked 12 hours. Day 4, I worked 12 hours and closed the ride. 8.5 hours later, I was back for Day 5. I guess the only upside to that was that I was done by 5pm, and I went to go see Inside Out which was super cute by the way.

During this five day stretch, I felt like calling out every day. I tried putting in for an ER every day and it got denied every day. I wanted to just go back home and call it quits. I'm still frustrated that this happened to me, but it's been happening to a lot of CPs, so I don't feel targeted or anything, it's just very frustrating to have that much work to be expected to do. /rant over/

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment