Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 138: Thunder Was Struggling So Hard

Today was my first closing shift alone. I visited my friends Amanda and CJ before heading into work. I started at 4:15, and it started raining probably around 4:35. The rain didn't stop for about 2 hours with lightning in area. We were down for weather, then during our weather downtime, we went down for maintenance. I was greeter for most of the time, basically getting to tell people that we were down.

I was moved to spur dispatch eventually, where I did the back section of the track reset. After we finished with that, we re-opened the ride, and added the fifth train. Guests started pouring down the ramp, and not 3 minutes later, we auto E-stopped and had to evacuate the ride. I went out with another Cast Member, and finally got to evacuate a train. 

After the people were safely off the ride, I went back out and did a track walk looking for people. Since we went down pretty quickly, it took a while for the problem to be resolved. I went outside after break, told even more people we were closed, had fun. We saw Wishes from our standby post, which was awesome. We reopened the ride shortly after the finale.

I was moved to Fastpass+ merge, then pulled tower to close the night. Once the trains were moved back to storage, I also closed lost and found, which meant I walked to City Hall at the front of the park to hand over our items that were found on the track walk. I almost got lost back there, but now I know how to get to lost and found!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment