Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 141: Will I Ever Leave?

I was right back at Thunder today. I worked 4:30-1:15 tonight. I was kind of struggling today- I just don't think it was my day. I was at main grouper (again) for a while to start my shift. After my first break, I headed to spur exit (are y'all starting to sense a pattern here?) Basically, I kind of struggled with loading guests when they wanted the front, because I've really only put the wheelchair parties in the back of the trains.

Later in that rotation, I was at spur dispatch. At dispatch, we also control closing the gates once everyone has gotten on to the train. I always give it a few seconds to make sure no one accidentally crossed the yellow line, and needed to get back. As I was pushing down on the button, a little girl ran from the train towards the gate, as she had realized her family was not in the train, but still waiting. She almost made it, but her leg was stuck. I tried to lift up on the gate button, but accidentally lifted up on the lap bar button. I fixed it pretty quickly, but it still sucked and I was kind of down for the rest of the night.

Thunder went down for technical difficulties yet again tonight. I stood outside and told people that they couldn't ride, and explained how to redeem their fastpass somewhere else if they wanted to. Eventually, we re-opened and I was at the Fastpass entry position. After my last break, I headed to spur exit. This late in the night, spur exit does that and wheelchair assist.

It was going alright, kind of stressful because I was concerned if there might be a guest waiting outside the station for me, but I needed to stay inside the station and wait with my current party. Eventually things really started slowing down, so it was fine. My last guest of the night needed a little extra assistance, a transfer accessible vehicle. I had never gotten to use one, so I'm glad I finally got the chance. He needed to transfer back into his chair, so I helped him with that. It took a tad longer than we really had, so things started to get backed up. But this man was a trooper and managed to work his way back into the chair.

'Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment