Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 140: Sooooo Tired

Even though I got out of work at 2:15 yesterday, I still agreed to go to Trail's End with Tess this morning at 9:45. I crawled out of bed, barely awake, but ready for food. We drove to the Wilderness Lodge and took the bus to Fort Wilderness. Trail's End is awesome, because it's a breakfast buffet, but because there are no characters there, it's super cheap, especially for cast members, who get 40% off. It was really good, too!

I worked 4:15-12:15 today. My shortest shift at Thunder yet! I started at main grouper, that's basically my home now, because I'm there so much. I had a lot of people choosing their own row today, which sucks especially when you ask them to move and they get kind of mean, because there's not much you can do at that point. Then it takes a while to get everything moving smoothly again, and it's just a huge hassle.

I spent a lot of time in spur station, mainly spur exit. Spur exit can either be really chill or really slow depending on how many wheelchair parties you have, and how good your grouper is. It got pretty crazy for just a little bit, but slowed down eventually.

Eventually I got moved to tower. Everything was going so smoothly, then I heard the ride breakdown spiel going. The ride auto e-stopped for something that's apparently pretty rare. I left tower to go evacuate a train that was almost at the top of one of the lifts. The people were super awesome, especially considering how hot and stuffy it was up there. Once we got back, I headed back into tower and helped move trains around. It was getting pretty close to park close and my bumpout, so another cast member took over in tower so I could go home. I stayed back and watched, just to make sure I would know what to do if it happened again.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment