Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 144: Back at Thunder!

Today I worked from 4:30pm-1:15am. The park is closing at 1am almost every night this week, which is kind of weird to me, but since I close, those are the hours I get! I started out at merge, and I was there for about an hour and a half. I moved down to fastpass+ entry, when within two minutes, I got my lunch. It was so early still! The coordinators moved my breaks back a little bit though, to keep things spaced out, which was nice.

I got back from lunch, and went back outside. I was doing Greeter 2, who helps with Disability Services, and wheelchair parties. One of the coordinators needed help taking down the extended queue for fastpass, so I helped her do that, then within 5 minutes, my position was dropped. I guess I'm not meant to be outside for very long.

When I came back, I was tasking, so I went to help out grouper. That can be really tough if there's no assist, which is what I was doing while I was tasking. After that, I pulled wheelchair assist. It was getting close to fireworks time, so I was hoping I would be out there for Wishes, but I got bumped inside the station about 15 minutes before.

I stayed on Spur unload, then moved to Main unload for the rest of the night. There were so many Cubs fans out today! It was awesome. I finally got my new name tag, that has my hometown on it, so that was really cool, getting to connect with my fellow Illinois-ans.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment