Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 136: Earning My Ears... Again

Today was assessment day! We started out by taking the paper test, and I missed about 10 questions. We went over the ones we missed and what the right answer was, then started doing all the positions. We did greeter first then fast pass greeter. Then we moved to wheelchair assist, spur exit, and spur unload. We did spur dispatch, grouper, and tower to end it. 

During my run in grouper, I asked a woman how many were in her party. She said 9, so I started putting them in rows. Then she said "do you want me to count the kids? If so, we have 11". Really? Then we went to lunch. We headed back up to the training room to do some updates on disability services, fast pass, and radio use, then we passed! We took the red "earning my ears" ribbon off our name tag and we were official!

We talked with our trainer about the college program and housing and whatnot until the end of our shift then we went home. I ended up going to bed pretty early because tomorrow is my first shift on my own, and I'm getting there just in time for park open.

No comments:

Post a Comment