Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 9: Legacy Day and EPCOT Round 2!

Today, I had my first shift at the Contemporary Resort. Our location orientation is called "Legacy Day", so it wasn't specific to my role, rather we learned about the resort's history, amenities, and more. Every work location has their own orientation day that includes a tour, so every cast member knows where the important and relevant things are.

Our walking tour included stopping near all three merchandise locations in the resort, so even though I've seen them before, it was still cool to learn more about what they sell and learn cool details about parts of the store. We also walked near all the pools on the resort property, we went up to the club levels, and we got to go to the California Grille! We even went into the roof outside, and got to look at Magic Kingdom for a few minutes. The view was amazing!

I was able to go to costuming after the training ended, and with the exception of my Merchantainment class, I will be in my costume from now on! It's relatively tame compared to other costumes I've seen at Disney, which is nice, but at the same time, I'd like to work somewhere with a wacky costume just to try it!

Later, myself, three of my roommates, and my new friend Tess ventured back to EPCOT. We rode on Spaceship Earth and walked around the World Showcase for a little while. It's super nice to be able to go to a park just to wander aimlessly. There's no pressure to ride as many rides as possible, or see as many characters as I can. I could get used to this!

Tomorrow, I am going to Universal Studios! I am so excited, because it's been a while since I've been. I haven't seen it since they opened Diagon Alley, so that will be super exciting.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment