Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 12: Merchantainment and Cast Connections

Today, I had Merchantainment at Disney University. It is Tier 2 of my training and mainly involved learning how the cash register operates, as well as practicing basic transactions. We also did some e-learning about food safety, and alcohol/tobacco sales because I will be working in a resort that sells alcohol and cigarettes.

Though this was definitely not the most interesting day of my training, it was still really helpful to get some experience on this POS system away from guests, where I could go at my own pace a little bit.

After I was done at Disney University, I decided to check out Cast Connections and Property Control. Cast Connections is a store that provides Disney merchandise at a discounted price, as well as groceries. Property Control is for Cast Members only, and it sells severely discounted merchandise due to various damages.

I was able to get a lot at Property Control and I only spent around $20! I got a Mickey plush doll, a pair of sparkly Minnie ears, a mini Monorail (an homage to my work location!), and some other small trinkets.

When I got home, I kicked up my feet and watched my favorite Disney movie, Hercules. Tomorrow, I have training from 8:00-4:30!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment