Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 8: First Day of Training and EPCOT

Today, I had my first training shift at Disney University, besides Traditions of course. It was Welcome to Operations, followed by Welcome to Merchandise. It was in a classroom setting, with a lot of safety procedures and basic information like that.

My shift started at 07:30, so I had to be at the Chatham bus stop by 6:15 to ensure I would make the bus on time. It was raining pretty hard so it was slow going walking to the bus, but I finally made it and barely squeezed on the bus. They had to turn people away at Vista, the next stop, because it was so full.

During our class, our Merchandise administrator pointed out Cast Connections to us in the parking lot and talked about all the cool things you could find there. It's a Cast Member only store with lots of discounts on resort merchandise and sometimes furniture and even groceries. Very cool! I definitely need to check it out before my program is over.

Later that day, myself and my roommates went to EPCOT for just a few hours to walk around the World Showcase, eat some delicious desserts from France, and watch Illuminations. I haven't seen Illuminations in a very long time as my family would prefer Fantasmic! instead, but it was a very cool show! Lights, fireworks, and the rotating globe that changed colors.

Tomorrow, I have my resort orientation! I will be able to get my costume, finally. Phew. It's officially been one week since I started the Disney College Program, and I have to say, it's every bit as wonderful as I thought it would be. Here's to even better days ahead!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment