Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 2: Casting and Getting Settled

Whew, these past three days have been kinda crazy! It really is such a whirlwind of information, activities, unpacking, bonding, all that jazz. So yesterday, I officially went through check-in. Since DORMS has been implemented, everything went incredibly fast. I was in and out of Vista in less than an hour.

First, we got our work locations (Contemporary Resort Merchandise). We were then shuffled to a line where we got our housing information and key. We then got our picture taken for our housing ID. Then we went outside and got our schedule for the first couple of days. This included Casting, Housing, Traditions, and any language testing or drug testing that would be necessary.

Half of my apartment had Casting right after check-in. The other half didn't have it until the next day, myself included. Because I had the day free, my mom and I went to Magic Kingdom for our last day together before she flew home.

I then moved everything into my apartment and crashed for the night. Today, I went to Casting. Again, more lines. We got our training schedule, filled out our I-9, and did a background check (getting fingerprinted). Some of the roommates and I went grocery shopping and stocked up on everything, so now our cabinets are nice and full!

I have the Housing meeting tomorrow with one of my roommates, and then all 6 of my roommates have Beaches n' Cream reservations where we will attempt to defeat the Kitchen Sink! I have Traditions on Friday afternoon, after which I will finally be able to enter the parks as a Cast Member!

I have the weekend off, then I have 3 days of training next week.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment