Sunday, November 2, 2014

Update Time!

So, quick update here, folks. After all that runaround trying to figure out what to do with my scholarship, I was told that if I want to take classes through Disney, I'd need to actually use my scholarship. Womp, womp.

So now, I'll be 'un-deferring' my scholarship and taking my internship credit during the Spring semester so I can take a Disney class and transfer it for credit! I guess all the runaround was for nothing. Oh, well. Now I know to double and triple check everything from my university from now on.

On to more exciting things. Roommates!! I've officially locked in my apartment! It'll be a 6 person apartment, and we're basically avoiding bunk beds. None of us want to deal with that! One of my best friends at school, Rebecca, just got into the program last week!! Everyone say yay! And she got my move-in day. Everyone say double yay!! She also applied for some professional internships, so if she gets one, she'll be heading back to California where she's originally from, but if not, we'll be rooming together at Didney Worl!

We are trying to figure out exactly how we want to rank our housing preferences in DORMS when the time comes. So far, I think we have Patterson, Chatham, Vista, then the Commons for a 3 BR, 6 person apartment. Beyond that, we'll just have to rank the others accordingly, but I think Patterson looks like the best option.

Patterson is the same price as Chatham, but it seems like it's a bit more spacious. Rebecca and I are of the mentality that we'd rather live/sleep in the quieter areas, because we can always go someplace that's a bit more lively if we want to hang out. So Patterson's reputation as the 'Retirement Home' does not phase us.

We're gonna be staying at the Art of Animation the night before check-in and go to Downtown Disney for dinner the day before. We've been making reservations for the hotel, dinner then as well as throughout our program... It is feeling SO real!

I was at work today looking up reservation times for dinner, and I literally just had a "Holy Crap" moment. I will be living at Walt Disney World for five months. I can have breakfast with Cinderella and visit the Hollywood Tower Hotel whenever I want to. It just felt so surreal until now. Now it feels so close! I'm down to 77 days. It's still a ways away but a lot closer than the 120 I started with!

I've already begun packing up my room in preparation of moving to Disney. I have to pack my entire apartment up and I've lived here for about a year and a half so I've accumulated a lot of things. I'm separating things into Disney or Home boxes so it's a long process. But this is also helping me pass time until I go home!

I have 3 weeks until Thanksgiving break. After that week, we get back to school and it's Dead Week. After that, Finals Week. When I think about it like that, I know the rest of this semester will fly by. Then I'll be home with family and friends, celebrating the holidays, hopefully doing a Chicago DCP meetup, etc.

Then I'll be moving to Orlando for the greatest semester of my life. I am so incredibly blessed and grateful for this opportunity, and I know I want to make the most of it. I'm planning on doing a post soon about what kinds of things I'd like to do during my program and what I'm going to take advantage of while I'm down there.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment